Thursday, March 5, 2009

A New Stage




Tonight we did the last set of bio-sensor exercises using a pheasant for their novel scent.  When I got home tonight I put Bizzy back in the box after pottying and feeding her.  The puppies woke up and wanted to eat, but Bizzy was going to clean the pen first.  In the Week Three Photos section you will see the puppies trying very hard to nurse standing up.   It is not unusual for people to want to help the puppies, but figuring out how to get the food is a important part of their development - so you just watch them struggle and admire their "stick-to-it-tiveness," as my grandfather used to say.

A lot of people have asked me which puppy I am keeping - the answer is, the one I'm holding at the time. We so love spending time watching them grow each day. We hope you enjoy it as well through this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment