Sunday, April 12, 2009

What A Wonderful Day!!!


Today was the puppy walk, and what a day it was.  Despite the rain, about 30 people got together to take the pups for a woods walk.   The pups got to romp in the woods while each puppy was assigned to a team of people who were asked to take notes about what their puppy did   All the people got an A+ for not calling their pups!!!!   We do not call the puppies, because we are imprinting the following behavior.  We want them to take responsibility to keep an eye on us rather than the other way around.  



When we got back we enjoyed a pot luck lunch and the puppy room was standing room only.  

After about four hours the crowd thinned out and we got to take the pups out to introduce them to birds.  What a delight to watch every puppy turn on to the pigeons. Bizzy took her last walk with her pups since she is going back to Canada with Donna tomorrow.   As Gayle, Marcy and I walked the pups Bizzy almost brought us to tears as we watched her truly enjoying her babies - play bowing, rolling on the ground as they climbed on her, and playing tug with the tree branches.  It's a memory we will never forget.   

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, just reading that is bringing me to tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So True...I kept trying to read the post to my husband and had to stop to collect myself every couple of words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great day it was. The puppies and the people all had so much fun. Being able to bring Bizzy home today was great. I'm sorry that everyone didn't get to meet her because she really is an outstanding Mommy and it's heartwarming to watch. But I'm happy to have her with me again. She has been my shadow since we got home. Trying to touch me as much as possible seems to be her goal right now. I'm sure she misses her babies and that's part of it. Anyone that wants to meet her has an open invitation to my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad Donna and Bizzy made it home safely! Bizzy is a great momma and those puppies are wonderful. We truly enjoyed playing with them, seeing them show off who they are, seeing old friends and meeting new ones! Great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a very fun weekend! It was great.

    ReplyDelete