Thursday, April 2, 2009

We love it here!

Marcy and I arrived with the puppies on Wednesday, April 1st (no foolin') and got unpacked. They slept almost the entire way with only a whimper once in a while. When they got here and hit they ground running. They went for a walk with Marcy while Gayle and I finished getting things set up. They settled right into their new home and figured out the dog door very quickly. They went to the vet for microchips and blood draw for PRA testing. By the time they got back into the pen we were all exhausted!

This morning Gayle and I took them for a woods walk with Bizzy and Corey. They are great followers! They followed Corey over the ridge (which is quite steep) and down to the stream. Gayle and I looked at each other thinking we'd have to get down there to get them. But first we'd try to get them back.... Gayle called Corey and I called "puppy, puppy, puppy" and they came up over the ridge. I was amazed that everyone handled it so well. When we got back they had breakfast and a morning nap.   It was such a beautiful day I spent the afternoon with the puppies - Gayle joined me when she finished some of the work she needed to do. We sat in the pen and watched puppies and introduced them to Dreamer and let Corey in the pen, too. Dreamer was just fabulous with them! She is aware of her size and loves to engage them. You'll see when you see the photos of the big dog with the puppies. Then we decided to take the puppies, Bizzy, Dreamer and Corey out and down the front lawn to the stream. They had a BLAST! I've put up photos and video of different parts of the day - enjoy!



Puppies heading down the path to their pen (on the left)


Gayle enjoying an afternoon with the puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment